Reminder: All Singapore Airlines tickets can be changed for free and unlimited until July 31, 2022
Today I would like to remind our readers that Airlines to Singapore always has a policy in place that allows unlimited free changes to all tickets issued by the SQ until July 31, 2022 online or offline through the call center.
In addition, all tickets issued until July 31, 2022 can make ONE free modification after this date for the validity of the ticket, which is generally one year after the date of issue.
All rebooking fees will be waived if your ticket is eligible for a free rebooking. All you have to do is pay the fare difference (if any) and of course, in the case of award tickets, any change is subject to the availability of the applicable fare classes.
Enjoy free rebooking for all tickets issued until July 31, 2022
We understand that travel plans may change given the evolving nature of the Covid-19 pandemic. If you have a ticket issued on or before July 31, 2022, you can now rebook your flight free of charge and transfer your purchased baggage or additional seats, if any, to the new flights. Purchased additional offers, i.e. seats with additional baggage, will be refunded. Read on to find out more.’
Make unlimited changes to your booking
With the new free reservation, you can:
- make unlimited changes to your booking no later than July 31, 2022; and
- make an additional change after July 31, 2022.
All rebooking fees will be waived if your ticket is eligible for a free rebooking. All you have to do is pay the fare difference, if any.
Any booking changes you make must occur before your original travel date or within one year of your ticket issue date, whichever comes first. For example, if your ticket was issued on June 15, 2021, you must make your changes before June 15, 2022. You will find the date of issue of your ticket in the pdf of the e-ticket attached to your email. booking confirmation.
To change your destination, please contact your local Singapore Airlines office or your third-party travel agency or website, depending on who you purchased your tickets from.
In the event of flight cancellation, closure of international borders or if you test positive for Covid-19 and cannot travel, you can request a refund for the unused portion of your ticket. Submit your refund request here.
Book now, postpone later
We waive rebooking fees. Book now and you won’t have to worry about your travel dates.
If you purchased your ticket no later than July 31, 2022, you can book your flights as many times as you want, without rebooking fees, until July 31, 2022. Your ticket will be reissued based on your updated itinerary, with a new validity period of up to 12 months.
You are always entitled to one free change after the end of the unlimited free rebooking change period on July 31, 2022. Charges will apply for any other changes made to the reservation.
It is rather interesting that they refund the entire ticket for free in case of a positive test for Covid. It does not mention what exact proof is required for this.
I had to use this policy this week as I was unable to catch my flight from Bangkok to Bali due to medical treatment and after receiving only error messages online I called the Singapore Airlines ticketing hotline via US toll-free number.
It was answered immediately, the agent was very professional and the change was done quickly:
I was charged 35 Thai Baht (US$1) tax difference which was probably just a currency exchange. After paying for this through the odd phone payment system, I was promptly emailed a new ticket.
The agent mentioned that since it is a partner air ticket, online changes and cancellations are not possible, which is rather annoying.
There are still two weeks left to purchase Singapore Airlines tickets (paid tickets and award tickets) and benefit from their change waiver for the rest of July and the next 12 months.
It could be very beneficial to have tickets purchased under these conditions as it gives the traveler increased flexibility that would otherwise be impossible, especially on economy tickets. If you are already planning to buy tickets for the SQ, I strongly recommend that you do so until July 31st.
These are the full summaries Terms and conditions for this policy:
Applicable to all Singapore Airlines tickets issued between March 5, 2020 and July 31, 2022 (both dates inclusive)
• Offer applies to rebookings and reroutings made at least 2 hours before flight departure
• Fare differences may apply, subject to the fare conditions of your ticket
• Travel must be completed within the validity period of the ticket
• If your original ticket is reissued, a new period of validity will apply from the date of reissue, subject to the conditions of the new fare
• Cancellations will be subject to the fare conditions of the ticket. Cancellation fees will be waived due to:
– Flight cancellation
– Travel plans disrupted due to international border closures related to Covid-19
– Impossibility of traveling on the booked flight following a positive Covid-19 test
• For purchased add-ons such as extra luggage or seats, your options will vary depending on:
– Change of travel dates only: additional baggage purchased will be transferred to the new flight. Seats purchased will be transferred to the new flight, if available. Otherwise, your purchased tickets may be refunded. Purchased additional offers, i.e. seats with additional baggage purchased as part of a bundle, will be fully refunded.
– Change of destination: Purchased add-ons will be refunded. New add-ons for your changed flights can be purchased, subject to availability and prevailing prices.